Saturday 20 September 2008

new Citroën C4 ad, robot is turning disco....

As I have told in my post about parodies of ad, there is a new ad for the Citroën C4 again with the robot. It is a remix of staying alive, the robot is dancing on the streets of NY.

here is the link:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNIS05InZY

Was it a good idea to use the robot again? I'm not shure... The first ads had such success that from my point of view, this new one can only destroy the good communication they have built before.

This is a question that advertising people should ask themselves when building a campain. Until which point can we use again and again the same message? Even if it had worked well before, it doesn't mean that each time you are going to use it, it's going to make a buzz.

Moreover, in this particular example, the robot has totally changed, he has becaome too "human" from my point of view. I'm shure the creative people who designed it had a lot of fun with it but I'm wondering if they have really thought about what people have liked about the previous one.

Mr robot has lost is "soul"......and the ad has lost its power.

No comments: